ZEN STUDIOS CODE OF CONDUCT
Applicable from: April 03, 2015.
ZEN Studios Software Developer Limited Liability Company including its affiliates (“ZEN”), in connection with and in order to provide and develop ZEN’s products, mobile applications, services and websites (together “ZEN Services”) outlines in this code of conduct (“Code of Conduct”) the rules that you need to follow to help ensure that ZEN Services are fun for everyone.
A. USING ZEN SERVICES
What you can and should do:
- Be polite and treat others with respect. Just because you’re online doesn’t mean you should be a jerk.
- Make friends. If you find players you enjoy gaming with, put them on your preferred gamers list.
- Be good at a game. You will NEVER be suspended because you are too good.
- Have fun!
- Do not harass, abuse, bully, spam, scream at, threaten or stalk other users or encourage other players to do so.
- Do not encourage harm or violence against people or animals, or promote self-harm in any manner.
- Do not give out personal information of other users (such as real name, physical address, IP address, email address, phone number, credit card number, etc.) in any way. This information could be used by others for illegal or harmful purposes.
- Any non-game-related conversation that takes up a substantial amount of the forum, chat, or in-game chat space and prevents users from finding game-related information may be considered a violation of this Code of Conduct.
C. COMMUNICATIONS & USER GENERATED CONTENT
Do not generate a gamertag, profile content, avatar content, in-game content, videos, or any other content that ZEN, ZEN’s licensors and partners or other users may be offended by. This includes, without limitation, anything related to or suggestive of:
- Profane words or phrases
- Topics or content of a sexual nature
- Hate speech
- Illegal drugs or controlled substances
- Illegal activities
- Controversial religious topics
- Notorious people or organizations
- Sensitive current or historical events
- Any “sound-alike” or “lookalike” words, phrases, or puns that reference these topics
- Do not generate or share any content that is offensive or discriminatory; that advocates discrimination, hatred, or violence; or that promotes organizations devoted to those purposes based on considerations of:
- National origin
- Veteran status
- Sexual orientation or expression
- Do not generate or share content that requests or includes instructions to injure or otherwise harm a person, group of people, or animals.
- Do not generate or share content that glorifies crimes against humanity such as genocide or torture.
- Do not generate or share content that depicts violence or gore of an illegal or excessive nature.
- Do not generate or share any content that is illegal under applicable local law, obscene, or indecent.
- Do not distribute, post, publish, disseminate or discuss defamatory, infringing, obscene, sexual, or unlawful materials in any format (images, audio, video, text, etc.). Prohibited materials include, without limitation, child pornography or illegal drugs.
- Do not post links to materials that could harm the ZEN Services or other users’ devices or would allow others to inappropriately access software or websites.
- Do not post links to content or websites that facilitate or encourage the violation of this Code of Conduct or ZEN’s EULA.
E. CHEATING & TAMPERING
- Do not cheat in a game unless the developer has deliberately enabled cheats.
- Do not use unauthorized hardware or modifications.
- Do not exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches.
- Do not make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents, including but not limited to tenure, Avatar, saved games, gamerscore, or achievements.
- Do not intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods.
- Do not play any illegitimately obtained software or pirated games.
- Do not take any action to cause degradation of service for ZEN or other users, including but not limited to network interference or manipulation.
- Do not play a game before it has been authorized for play on the service.
F. PROTECTING YOUR ACCOUNTS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Protecting your account information is extremely important; do not give out your own personal information, including but not limited to: phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, etc.
- Use discretion when deciding to share your name and location in your profile and when recording or sharing content you create. If you wish to share any other personal information with another player, please do so by a non-public method.
- Do not lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide access to any of your accounts.
- Failure to properly secure your accounts connected with ZEN Services could result in loss of access to the ZEN Services.
G. FRAUD & COMMERCE
- Accounts and gamertags are non-transferable. Do not purchase accounts or gamertags from third parties.
- Do not access or attempt to access accounts that you do not own.
- Do not purchase licenses to ZEN Services or virtual goods from unauthorized third parties.
- Do not attempt to use or share fraudulent methods to obtain licenses to ZEN Services or virtual goods.
- Do not resell or redistribute any part of the ZEN Services or access to the ZEN Services.
H. ADULT-RELATED CONTENT
I. ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES
- Do not use the services to do anything illegal. You, not ZEN, are responsible for your actions on the ZEN services and the consequences of your actions.
- Any content that facilitates or promotes illegal gambling, illegal content, pornography, piracy, illegal online pharmacies, illegal drugs, or criminal activities is prohibited.
- Do not create or share any content that instructs users how to make bombs, weapons or drugs, or solicits involvement in behavior that is violent or illegal under applicable laws.
- Unauthorized use of another entity’s intellectual property is not allowed, including but not limited to: software, music, art, and other copyrighted, trademarked, or patented materials or trade secrets.
- Any content that facilitates or promotes underage drinking, consumption of illegal drugs, or socially irresponsible behavior due to alcohol or drug consumption (e.g., drinking and driving) is prohibited.
- Do not create or share any content that facilitates, promotes, or contains terrorist threats or activities.
- Do not create or share any content that facilitates, promotes, or contains references to viruses or malware.
- Do not create or share any content that facilitates or promotes identity theft.
J. CONSEQUENCES OF VIOLATIONS
If you violate this Code of Conduct or ZEN’s EULA, actions may be taken against you, including but not limited to the immediate temporary suspension of your license granted via ZEN’s EULA and/or immediate permanent withdrawal of your license granted via ZEN’s EULA.
ZEN IS NOT OBLIGATED TO SEND YOU A WARNING BEFORE THESE ACTIONS OCCUR. In case of suspension or withdrawal ZEN assumes no liability in the loss of any potential prizes or recognition related to ZEN Services. ZEN is not obligated to monitor every post or activity, but has the right to remove any post or take action against any user.
ZEN reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any user generated content or ZEN account for actions determined to be in violation of this Code of Conduct or ZEN’s EULA.
UPON RECEIVING A PERMANENT WITHDRAWAL REGARDING ANY OF THE ZEN SERVICES, ALL LICENSES GRANTED TO YOU BY ZEN ARE IMMEDIATELY AND AUTOMATICALLY ARE WITHDRAWN AS WELL.