Out of Ammo offers a unique hybrid of real-time strategy and first-person shooter unlike anything else you’ve ever experienced on PlayStation® VR. With a simple yet engaging aesthetic approach, the game puts players in the roles of general and grunt in the midst of heated battles intensified by the immersion of virtual reality.
As general, players dictate where to place fortifications and troops. Once a sound strategy is at hand, it’s time to assume the identities of any soldier on the battlefield, whether shooting machineguns and throwing grenades at the front lines or carefully executing sniper blasts from watchtowers—players can even heal other units as a medic and fortify damaged structures as an engineer. Switching between viewpoints is vital to success as the enemy changes its own approach in real time.
● Switch between two perspectives of gameplay:
● Real-Time Strategy: Command troops and build fortifications (e.g., sandbags and watchtowers) in a bird’s-eye perspective.
● First-Person Shooter: “Possess” individual troops to take matters into your own hands.
● While possessing your units, take cover behind sandbags, lean over a tower railing, or duck behind sandbags and grab a grenade to throw as a last resort.
● Full physics applied to game objects allows you to position your magazines in the space around you ready for when you need to reload.
● Survival Mode’s eight unique environments include Canyon, Forest, City, Desert, Alpine, Port, Beachhead, and the alien-themed Contact.
● Includes cooperative multiplayer for up to four players.
● Five different kinds of units with unique traits: the Rifleman, the Sniper, the grenade-launching Rocketeer, the Medic, and Engineer.
● Call in artillery, airstrikes, and sniper targets.
● Weapons include fixed machineguns, grenades, flares and more
● Three specialist mission modes take place entirely in first person:
● Overwatch: You are a sniper providing overwatch for a downed helicopter. Protect the evacuees from your position inside a clock tower.
● Icarus: After crash-landing in hostile terrain, you must scavenge for ammo by teleporting around. Use flares and torches to highlight inbound enemies. Survive until rescue arrives!
● Vertigo: Atop a skyscraper can you hold off attackers with your shotgun while also finding time to hack a computer until a chopper comes to the rescue?